- The billed fuel rate will be reviewed each month by the Treasurer and adjusted by the Board as necessary. The fuel rate will be set to the current price of 100LL at our home field. If a large change in fuel price occurs (positive or negative), a special update will be made. Rate change notices will be sent out to the official Chandelle mailing list and the Chandelle web site will be updated.
- Pilots are not required to fill up off station.
- Pilots filling up off station can submit receipts to the Treasurer for reimbursement. The amount of reimbursement will be equal to the gallons of fuel purchased multiplied by the club’s billed fuel rate on the date of the fuel purchase, note the date of submission. (See Example 1 below.)
- Pilots buying off-station fuel at a rate higher that the club’s billed fuel rate will be reimbursed at the club’s billed fuel rate at the time of the purchase. (See Example 2 below.)
- If a pilot chooses to return without filling up off station, they are free to do so since the wet rate will be set according to the home-field price.
- If you return to the home field without refueling, the recommended procedure will be to either: a) notify the next pilot so they can add fuel to a safe level for their flight or b) fill the tanks no higher than the tabs in the Warrior or Archer or the bottom of the filler neck in the Cardinal.
- Any fuel purchased at the home field will be billed to the Chandelle account.
- If you want to be assured for your flight that fuel is at the tabs in the Warrior or Archer or the bottom of the filler neck in the Cardinal, simply inform Signature of that request when you call them to pull the plane forward for your flight.
Example 1: A pilot purchases 25.2 gallons of 100LL at $4.21 per gallon for a total of $106.09. The prevailing fuel price set by the treasurer at the time is $5.95 per gallon. The pilot will be reimbursed 25.2 gallon x $5.95 = $149.94.
Example 2: A pilot purchases 25.2 gallons of 100LL at $6.21 per gallon for a total of $156.49. The prevailing fuel price set by the treasurer at the time is $5.95 per gallon. The pilot will be reimbursed 25.2 gallons x $5.95 = $149.94.